Mental health is more than the absence of mental illness
Mental health is a state of well-being in which we are able to develop our unique potential, cope with stressors of life, work productively and fruitfully, build strong and positive relationships with others, and make a contribution to our community.
There is no health without mental health
Mental health is a key element of a person’s overall well-being. The relationship between physical and mental health (and the social, biological, environmental, and psychological determinants of health) is complex.
Physical illness and mental illness can often occur together (e.g. depression and lung disease)
The state of a person’s mental health can influence the onset or course of a physical or mental illness. Similarly, the state of a person’s physical health can influence their mental health.
Mental health has multiple determinants
Our mental health is shaped by our life circumstances – our individual (biological make-up, fitness, and development), social, environmental, cultural, and socio-economic conditions that influence each other in complex ways.
Mental health problems and mental illness are common
1 in 5 Australians are affected by mental illness annually, yet many don’t seek help.
Mental Health Self-Care Promise tips:
· Seek help. If you are concerned that you are having a mental health problem contact your General Practitioner, Employee Assistance Provider, or mental health professional.
· Take time to stay connected with friends and family with whom you have positive, healthy relationships.
· Take time for activities that give you pleasure and renew your energy.
· Learn new skills to manage stress. Sign-up with a life-coach to guide you through this learning process.
· Take care of your physical health by being active, eating well, and getting enough sleep.
· Relax, plan some downtime in your day, practice relaxation techniques to help you manage stressful times.
· Learn time management techniques and how to say “no” to new commitments when you are feeling overwhelmed.
Fighting with our own mind every day is not a solution. Reach out for help.
Here is how we can assist:
Creating LASTING change.
As a life coach, I help my clients dramatically improve their outlook on life and work. MADE Confident partners with clients through a thought-provoking and creative transformation process called MT5 that inspires them to maximize their potential and become empowered in life, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment.
As a coach I:
· Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve.
· Encourage self-discovery.
· Facilitate client-generated solutions and strategies using the MT5 program.
· Empower the client to be accountable.
The complete transformation program is an MT5 program that extends over 8 separate online one-on-one sessions purchased as a package.
You can purchase your transformation package here: https://www.madeconfident.com.au/product-page/complete-mt5-transformation-coaching-program-online
Separate sessions can be purchased here: https://www.madeconfident.com.au/product-page/virtual-transformation-coaching
Contact us here: https://www.madeconfident.com.au/contact
Daily five for mental health